Safety instructions for drivers
Safety is Eurotunnel's top priority. It is therefore very important that the following safety rules are respected at all time when driving on the terminals and boarding Freight shuttles:
- All passengers must be declared - no charges are incurred for additional passengers. Failure to declare all passengers is a breach of conditions and you may be refused travel.
- We would like to inform you that for safety reasons, drivers and/or passengers with reduced mobility cannot be accommodated on Eurotunnel Freight shuttles.
- No smoking.
- The speed limit is 6 mph/10 km/h on the Freight shuttle.
- Keep cab curtains open at all times.
- The maximum height allowed for vehicles in our Freight Shuttles is 4.20m. Please lower and secure your aerials before boarding (download the flyer).
- The tarpaulin must always be correctly attached to the trailer
and in good condition.
- Turn off all electrical equipment in your cab after loading.
- Do not stay in your vehicle. Turn your cab heater and refrigerator off.
- Ensure your fuel cap is on.
- Only children aged 12 years and over are authorised to travel on our freight shuttles (download the flyer).
- No livestock, animals or domestic pets are accepted for carriage on the Freight shuttles (download the flyer).
- All access points into the tankers must be fully secured.
Boarding and safety instructions videos
Eurotunnel Freight boarding instructions:
Correct way of parking your vehicle
Eurotunnel Freight safety instructions:
Safety information leaflets
|Self Check-in leaflet|